Thursday 14 May 2015

Robertson 2013 Pinot Noir & Oyster Mushroom Pizza


Pinot noir, a wine that has moved past being my favourite to me being completely obsessed with it.

Since I'm new to drinking drier wines I've been experimenting with wine types I've never had before. But I've been stuck on pinot noir and of the two brands I've tried (Robertson and Two Oceans) I've decided that Robertson's is the better one.

During the day all I think about is getting home and rewarding myself with half a glass of this liquid deliciousness. So much so that I think I'm approaching borderline alcoholism. Yes, I think about drinking this wine that much.

(Just kidding. I'm only joking about the alcoholism. The only reason I'm adding this paragraph into the blog is just in case someone with no sense of humour reads this and feels the need to lecture me on my alcohol consumption.) *Rambling over.

So with researching what to eat with pinot noir, mushroom pizza and other mushroom dishes came up most of the time which was perfect since Boyfriend and I were hankering for home-made pizza in the new braai for a while now.


 Sadly we didn't let the pizza go in the braai the whole time and we had to let it finish baking in the oven the rest of the time. The temperature wasn't right for making pizza so we think we still need to experiment with how to get it just right.



For myself, personally, I enjoyed how the food breaks down the wine's acidity and allows you to taste the smooth, velvety, smoky taste of the pinot. With every sip I am amazed at how I'm not gagging from the bitter taste like I always used to before being able to drink wine. I also found the pinot to be especially tasty when enjoyed with a bowl of olives while we were waiting for the fire and with a blue cheese sauce drizzled over the pizza.

Here's to the next bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment