Wednesday 12 August 2015

Robertson 2014 Gewurztraminer & Pear and Ginger Cheesecake


It’s interesting how unique all of our bodies are, especially our palates and food tolerance levels. Chad has been training me for about a year now to tolerate spicier foods and I’ve got to say it’s been paying off nicely. I’m always pleased as punch whenever I can add more food options to my diet.

The irony of this is when I made this cheesecake. I was happily scoffing down bite after bite when Chad put his plate down unfinished and stated that the ginger was burning his throat. Given the fact that he isn’t exactly fond of ginger, I just found it funny that it was burning him ut not me. I was fine. I actually paused for a minute when he said it so I could feel if it was burning me as well,but I felt nothing.

I couldn’t quite wrap my head around it. Chad, the king of spice, defeated by a ginger cheesecake. Michelle, his apprentice, victorious over the master.



Pear & Ginger Cheesecake

400g Bakers Gingernuts, crushed              125ml caster sugar
125ml butter, melted                     1 egg
1 can pears, diced                               250ml sour cream
250g creamed cottage cheese                   15ml lemon juice
15-30ml ginger powder

          Heat the oven to 150C. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and press into a greased cake tin. Place the pears on top of the crust and set aside.
          Beat the cottage cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and process again. Add the sour cream, lemon juice and ginger powder and process to combine.
          Pour the filling over the pears and crust and bake for 1 ½ hours or until the filling is set. Chill well before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment